Wednesday, May 25, 2011

5 1/2 Years...PLEASE Pray

Today our sweet young man is 5 1/2 years old, the age that they usually transfer children to the mental institution. I hope and pray that because they know we are coming, that they keep him at the orphanage. We have prayed many prayers for that little boy. It is hard to find words to express how we truly feel about that amazing young man. How we can miss him so much, we have have not met him yet, Lord willing that will be really soon, but we do hold him in our hearts, we love him so much... We are praying with everything that is within us....that the day we can hold our sweet young man in our arms comes quickly. Please pray for the rest of our journey...that we will be fully funded, according to God's plan...and that Brian will be safe and stay at the Orphanage. Pray for our spiritual, mental and physical preparation for our trip...Pray also that everything comes together and that we are there with him soon!! We still need about $1,900 dollars, we actually are praying for about $4,000 more total. With air fair on the rise and one other issue, we can not discuss at this time, we just want to make sure we have enough.

Here is a little song...so sweet, it just tares my heart out and I cry every time I hear it. I wonder what Brian must be thinking. Does he wonder if his mom and dad will come for him some day. I pray that the Lord comforts him, and keeps him safe. I pray that He brings us all together soon.
Right now, for him it is a dream, he does not know us yet, and I pray that soon his dream will be a reality. That we, his mom and dad, get there soon!!


We are thinking of you, Brian and loving you tonight!!

My face may be different but my feelings the same
I laugh and I cry. I take pride in my gains.
I was sent here among you to teach you to love,
As God in the Heavens looks down from above.
To Him I’m no different; His love knows no bounds
It’s those here among you in cities and towns
That judge me by standards that man has imparted

But the family He’s chosen will help me get started.
For I’m one of His children so special and few
That came here to learn the same lessons as you.
That love is acceptance; it must come from the heart.
We all have the same purpose though not the same start.
The Lord gave me life to live and embrace
And I’ll do it as you do - just at my own pace.

I thank God for choosing us to raise this sweet young man...We do not take it lightly, we certainly are not worthy of the blessings of the Lord, but we praise Him for each child he gives us. We thank Him for the mercy and grace He has shown us!! God is so good!!

1 comment:

Reading Widely said...

I am praying for Brian and that God would provide the last of the funds you need. For each of our adoptions we got "down to the wire" but God always provided and I am trusting that He will do the same for you!

I can't wait to see you "After the Rainbow"!

Blessings,
Rachel
Post-adoption Care Coordinator for Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
www.reecesrainbow.org