Sunday, January 9, 2011

We Are Blessed

As we prepare to bring home our little Brian, we are "chasing" papers for our Dossier. During this process I have had many people ask questions about our adoption...as I explain everything I have had several, that when they find out he is a special needs child, that he has down syndrome....they begin to say things like "Oh that is so good of you" "what a great thing you are doing for him"...... I have learned to say "that it is good for us" or "we are the ones who are blessed", then I explain that I know in my heart, that he will be a far greater blessing to us, that we could ever hope to be to him. I am so excited and longing for the day, that I can hug my little man and tell him that I love him!! I praise the Lord, that He chose us to bring home little Brian. What an amazing God, that he is using us in this special way. God is so good to us!!
In our last post we were in a time of discouragement....God has once again blessed us...we have had many of you tell us you're praying for us and give us words of encouragement!! He also used a Sunday School Teacher and her class in an amazing way, they have truly touched our hearts....just when we needed it most!!
To God be the glory!!!I also have a very special friend who is working hard to help us, she is having an auction on her blog to help us bring that little boy home. I will add a link to her blog when the auction begins. Please pray that we will be able to get our paperwork done quickly, that we will be able to get the fees needed to file our USCIS paperwork. Also pray that the USCIS process will go quickly....it is our desire to be able to get our Dossier there in Feb. We are trying to move quickly...so we can get there asap. He is at risk for being transferred to an institution, where he may not be adoptable. So please pray for God's provision of the funds we need, and for God's perfect timing.

7 comments:

Jeanné said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanné said...

praying for you. as i was reading your post, this song came to mind, "We are So Blessed" by the Hooker Family Girls. Here is part of the song at this link: http://abmp3.com/download/5144148-we-are-so-blessed.html Go about half way down the page and you can listen to it. If you can't seem to find it, you will have to come over so I can play it for you!

Love you.

Jeanné said...

ACTUALLY...Go to www.playlist.com and search ' We are So Blessed" Hooker Family. The song is about 1:29min! Enjoy =)

AddingOn said...

How much do you need before you can submit your I600A? Please email and let me know, I want to advocate for you guys

AddingOn said...

email me at cmsuttles4@hotmail.com

Studio21art said...

Please let me know as well and also when the deadline is ;-)

travcat said...

Praying you can bring Brian home soon and everything will go quickly!

Catherine
http://wronginalltherightways-travcat.blogspot.com/